Important Dates Of GATE
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering and Technology. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India. Management institutes like NITIE, Mumbai offer admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering on the basis of GATE score.
GATE 2019-20 Exam Dates:
According to the official website GATE 2019-20 Exam Notification will declare September 2019, More information about GATE Exam below mention.
|1.||Start the Online Application Form date||September 2018|
|2.||Last Date to submit Application Form||October 2018|
|3.||Application Form Corrections date start||October 2018|
|4.||Request to the change of examination city Last Date||October 2018|
|5.||Admit Card date Availability First||January 2019|
|6.||Exam Date for GATE 2019-20||February 2019|
|7.||Answer Key date Released On||after examination|
|8.||Declare the Result date||March 2019|
|9.||Downloading of Score Card||May 2019|
|10.||Counselling Commence||April 2019|
- Over 500 institutes including the IISc, IITs and NITs require GATE score for admission to their ME, M.Tech and MS Programs.
- Some non-Indian universities like the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and some technical universities in Germany also identify GATE score as a parameter for judging the quality of the candidates for admission into their Masters and Ph.D. programs.
- A host of PSUs use GATE Scores for jobs in these organizations.
- GATE is held in multiple sessions from end of January to Mid of Feb.
- GATE results will be released during 2nd and 3rd week of March.
- GATE score is valid for 3 years.
- The paper has 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- GATE qualified students are eligible for stipend of Rs. 12400/- per month on M.tech admission.