1. What is this on-line admission process?
Ans. Instead of visiting many junior colleges to fill up the form of each college physically, filling up only one form with preferences of many junior colleges and submitting it online from a computer with internet facility and thereby securing admission in a junior college as per merit, is the online admission process.
2. Who is going to conduct the on-line admission procedure?
Ans.The Deputy Director of Education, Mumbai region, with the technical support of MKCL, will conduct the on-line admissions.
3.Where will the students get assistance for the on-line procedure?
Ans. The Head Master, Class Teachers and the staff of the school from where the student has passed his std. X examination or the guidance centers established in each ward / Taluka will provide guidance to the students.
4. Is the student required to fill and submit admission form in every Junior college that he/she wishes to apply?
Ans. The student is expected to fill only one form in which he can give college preferences as per his / her choice.
5. Where will the facility for filling up the On-line application form be made available?
Ans. A student can fill up the online form from his/ her own school from where he/she has passed std. X exam. or his/her house or from anywhere else where computer with internet and printing facility is available.
6. Once the form is filled on-line and two print outs are taken, does it mean that the online procedure is complete?
Ans. No. The student must check the information filled up in the online form. He/she must ensure he/she possesses the required certificates. In case of any error or shortcomings, the student must contact the guidance center.
7. Will the student get admission to the college on the basis of his preferences mentioned in the option form?
Ans. A student will be allocated a seat in the college of his preference on the basis of his/her marks and the availability of seats in the concerned college. In case, his/her name does not appear in the college that was his first choice then, on the basis of the availability of the seats, the second preference will be considered and then the third and so on.
8. Does the student need to fill up a separate form for separate streams?
Ans. No. A student has to fill only one form, for atleast one or maximum two streams from Arts, Science and Commerce.
9. Will the student get subjects of his/her choice?
Ans. The Online process will only allot a seat in a faculty of a Jr. College. The optional subjects will be allocated by the Principals of Junior colleges, subject to merit and availability.
10. In case a student has not secured enough marks, can he/she get admission to a college of his/her choice?
Ans. Admission will be on the basis of merit and preferences given by the student. If the student’s name appears in the merit list of a college of his choice, then only can he/she get admitted to that college.