Expected GATE Cut-Off For PSU Recruitment 2017
GATE provides opportunity for engineering graduates to get into PSUs with handsome salary packages. So, GATE aspirants looking for job in PSU must understand how PSUs recruit through the GATE results and what is the expected GATE cut-off required for PSU recruitment?
As PSUs hire candidates who have really high ranks in GATE exam, scoring good marks in GATE becomes very important to get a job in PSU.
In this blog we are providing comprehensive details about PSU recruitment through GATE and the expected GATE score needed for job in major PSUs.
But first understand what PSUs are and why GATE is required for job in PSUs?
PSUs (public sector undertakings or a public sector enterprise) are either state-owned enterprise, or companies under the union government of India, or both. PSUs may be classified as Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), Public Sector Banks (PSBs) or State Level Public Enterprises (SLPEs).
Presently around 50 PSUs including BHEL, IOCL, NTPC, BARC etc. are using the GATE score. You need your GATE registration number for applying to jobs in various PSUs. To get a job in PSU you have to apply and appear for GATE exam.
Therefore, it’s essential to evaluate the cutoff scores for various PSUs.
Previous Year GATE Cut-off for PSUs
|* GATE Ranks are mentioned. Not scores|
|NBCC||Civil||60 & above||45 & above||45 & above||45 & above||–|
|* Gate Cut-off required are high and only top rank candidates stand a chance of being called for interviews.|
So, by observing the GATE cut-off for various PSU in above table, a candidate can assume how much marks they require to get job in PSUs.
Here’s the list of some more companies hiring through GATE
- AAI (Airport Authority of India)
- BBNL (Bharat Broadband Network Ltd)
- BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- CEL (Central Electronics Limited)
- CIL (Coal India Limited)
- GAIL (Gas Authority of India)
- GSECL (Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd)
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Ltd)
- IRCON (Ircon International Limited)
- MDL (Mazagon Dock Limited)
- NBCC (National Buildings Construction Corporation)
- NFL (National Fertilizers Limited)
- NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation)
- NLC (Neyveli Lignite Corporation)
- NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation)
- ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation)
- OPGC (Odisha Power Generation Corporation)
- PSPCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd)
- RITES Limited
- THDC (Tehri Hydro Development Corporation)
- Vizag Steel Plant
Achieving the GATE cut-off only provides you the opportunity to appear for PSU exams or interviews but in order to get a job in PSU you have to secure good marks and stand out from the crowd.
Best of Luck!